Chronic Disease and Health
- Committee Co-Chair – Jennifer Herd, MHLP
- Committee Co-Chair – Michael Isaacson, MPH
- Board Member Liaison- Terry Mason, MD
The Chronic Disease and Health Committee consists of community health education and promotion staff, program managers, and policy staff from local health departments and other partners such as the Consortium to Lower Obesity in Chicago Children (CLOCC). The committee’s mission is to work in collaboration to monitor and share best practices related to chronic disease prevention and education. The Committee focuses its efforts in three areas: (1) affect and coordinate state public health policy and systems (e.g. data surveillance systems), (2) ensure that the needs and issues of Northern Illinois are represented, (3) develop regional policies to assist all respective communities (i.e. transportation, food systems).
- Sharing of local chronic disease prevention activities and events.
- Participation on statewide chronic disease prevention work groups including those of the Illinois Alliance to Prevent Obesity, Illinois Community Transformation Grant, and the Consortium to Lower Obesity in Chicago Children.
- Development of a policy crosswalk to determine priority chronic disease prevention strategies that the region can work on.
Next Committee: Communications